A community synagogue for progressive Conservative Judaism, welcoming to all.
The mission of the Men’s Club is very simple: we exist to enhance the membership experience. We do this by sponsoring social, informative, fun, and interesting events and programs for the JCCH.
Our meetings are open to anyone who wishes to attend, and we are always encouraging the men of the JCCH to come to a meeting. A typical meeting usually consists of lively discussions about our ongoing projects and new ideas for future projects, all surrounded by a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
Here are some idea of a few of our projects and a few things we have accomplished over the past few years:
- Funded the replacement of all of the windows in both the Kiddush room and in the ballroom.
- Annually send special yahrtzeit candles for yom ha shoah to everyone in the congregation
- Purchased emergency defibrillators and CPR training classes for synagogue. (We hope to be able to sponsor another CPR training class for anyone in the shul who is interested in learning.)
- Sponsored defensive driving classes.
- Work with the synagogue’s Education Director and host an annual lag b’omer picnic for the Hebrew school and all of the children in the congregation
- Along with the sisterhood, we purchased the new sound system for the sanctuary.
- Sponsor Sunday morning breakfasts with speakers, like Rod Thorn, The President of the New Jersey Nets, Corey Shanus, authority on collecting baseball memorabilia, and an exhibit and speaker from the Jewish Theological Seminary.
- Help with support for the Synagogue’s annual Purim carnival
- Put on an annual raffle and dinner.
Come to a Men’s Club meeting, meet a great group of guys, do some good for the JCCH, and have some fun along the way.